OC Pole FitnessMy best friend told me that she was going to take a class at OC Pole Fitness because she wanted to work on her upper body strength. She thought this would be a very fun thing to do. So I said I would go with her. We went tonight to the 7:15pm class. This place is in Aliso Viejo and you would never know it is there because it is upstairs of a Karate and Gymnastic Studio. The class started with us doing a lot of stretching. Once we stretched we worked on some floor work. Just trying to be sexy and silly and have fun. Then we started working with the poles.
There are 7 poles in the room and the class was the perfect size to have two people on a pole. My friend and I were on the same pole. We stretched a little more using the pole as support. After that the instructor taught how to walk around the pole. She showed us a fun sexy walk. Then she showed us a how to spin on the pole. She taught us a very "simple" spin. This spin was not simple. We had a hard time trying to get it right. It is really all about where your body is at the right time. We worked on that for a while and then we got to learn another spin. This next spin was a little more advanced but after the first spin we could handle it. This spin was my favorite but I know I will have bruises from it. After that she taught us a little routine that added the first turn with some other moves that every girl knows how to do. Once we did that for a little bit we had some time to "free dance". She played a song and you had the entire length of the song to do whatever you wanted to work on. At the end of the song she said switch groups and she played another song so that everybody got a chance to free dance. I was in the second free dance group and toward the end she came over o teach me a new spin. I think I will have some bruises on my shins thanks to this spin.
Then she asked if we were all ready for the workout. My friend and I looked at each other and said "what did she just say?" Oh my did she mean workout. She kicked our butts. We worked out muscles I wasn't aware I had. And she didn't let you give up. She was so nice and encouraging.
After the workout it was time to go home but because it was a few of our first day she told us to hang out and she would show us some things that we could learn in a few months. She totally did a sexy pole dance for us. It was very impressive since we were looking at it from a muscle standpoint. I am sure any guy would have thought it was really hot.
The class was $40 but for the workout I got I think it was worth every penny. I hope that I can go back...they have different plans that you can do so you can pay for what you think you will attend and I sure hope that I can do a party or something for all my girlfriends at some point.
Thanks Erika we had a blast. But i don't think I will be able to move for like 3 days haha!
http://www.ocpolefitness.com/home.php
mallory---i LOVE your blog. i feel so honored that mine had some inspiration for you, i agree, we should all try to look at the glass half full, especially on "those days". you are darling, and i can't wait to continue reading your happys....and btw i TOTALLY want to sign up for some oc pole dancing...seriously, how fun!!!
ReplyDeletexoxoxo
amanda