March 10th
It's March 10th 2009. Today, it has been three years since my grandmother passed away from Ovarian Cancer. She fought this silent monster long and hard and after 8 years she lost the battle. My grandmother was a driving force for going to school, she always asked how it was going, she always made it seem important, and she always made it seem ok, no matter how I was doing. I learned a lot from her and after she died I didn't care about school anymore. I really hope she is up in heaven looking down on me and can be proud that I have made the decision to go to culinary school. She always wanted her family to be happy and to do what makes them happy. I really think that one of the main reasons my family is as close as we are is because she made it that way. My grandparents always had an open door for family and friends. Anyone could walk in the door to their house and be greeted with warmth, love, and know they were welcome to stay as long as they wanted. Besides dinner was going to be soon...so you might as well stay. After she passed away my family became very active in raising awareness for this silent killer. Ovarian Cancer is a serious deal, it cannot be detected on the normal tests that doctors do. Women are not normally diagnosed until it is very late, and symptoms are usually thought to be nothing. We have started a memorial golf tournament to raise money and awareness. I cannot wait for September 15th for this years golf tournament.
As hard as it has been losing her I know that she is now in a better place. I think it has also brought some of my family even closer. While it seems there are some pulling away from the family, everyone else seems to be closer than ever.I love my family and would do anything for them. I can't wait to see you guys this weekend!
Haylie...3 days! YAY!
Everyone else...4 days! YAY!
I love and miss you grandma! R.I.P Elizabeth Miller
No comments:
Post a Comment