WOW! It's been a long time since I have blogged. One reason is that I have been out of town. I went up north to visit my family for a week. The day after I got back from that I went to Las Vegas for one of my close friend's birthdays! On both trips we had a great time. I loved being able to spend time with Haylie! And I hope GT had a great birthday even though we spent most of it in traffic! :-/ Then I had to do stuff for school all week since I start on Monday. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!
So if this is your first time reading my blog you should know that I am starting at The Art Institute of California on Monday. I will be in the baking and pastry program. It has been a hard decision to make but I really think I am making the right one to switch career paths.
Today I had an 8 hour orientation. 8 HOURS!!! It was soooo long and sad to say boring. I was there for 8 hours and I got my kit (which is my uniforms, knives, books and everything), and learned where to park and where the other buildings are. Which I could have learned in 2 minutes after they gave us the map. At one point we were learning how to copy and paste on the computer and I wanted to hit my head against the wall. That was when I knew I was just done and needed to get out of there!
Thankfully I have fantastic people to keep me busy. Krystle thank you so much for entertaining me during my lunch. And thank you so much for working for me the past couple weeks for my vacation and orientation. And GT thanks so much for texting me all day. You kept me entertained no matter what I was not learning. :-)
Now that orientation is over, I have my uniforms and everything I am nervous/excited! I am so excited that I finally get to start. And I am so nervous that I am going to fall flat on my face. But all there is to do now is start...well I need to get my uniforms altered. I am so small that nothing fits right and my chef coats are way too big! And I need to find shoes...but then I get to start. I can't wait to learn all I am going to learn.
Thank you to everyone who has been so supportive and encouraging to me, when even I was second guessing my decision. I can't wait to bake for all of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment