Monday, July 13, 2009

First Day Jitters

Today was my first day in school. And I am not going to lie, I was VERY nervous! I was excited but most of my excitement was hidden under nerves. What if I fall flat on my face? I just didn't know what I was getting myself into. I felt like I might be getting in over my head and what if I couldn't figure a way out. But I knew that this is what I wanted to do so I went to class with a (nervous) smile on my face.

Today I had class from 12:30-5:30. It was my intro to baking class. Most of the day was paperwork, bookwork in groups, and then we got some bread dough to play with. There were 5 people at my table and one guy was able to do the double knot which is exactly as it sounds. It looks like bread in two knots. I was able to make balls (rolls) the correct way, and a single braid and a double braid! Might not make sense to anyone but Marie, but I was excited that I was able to do it. The guy next to me told me I was born to do it. That made me feel a lot better about school. Knowing that even though I was the only one at my table that was in my first quarter I was able to do something better than them. I know they will be able to do just about everything better than me but I hope that there will be one day that I will have all the skills I need! Here's to thinking positively.

Thanks to everyone for you constant support, good thoughts, and interest in how it's going!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background