So I learned this weekend that painting stripes is more work than I thought. The painting part actually wasn't bad but the trying to figure out how big to make them and tape them off was a pain in the butt!!! A few people tried to tell me how to do it and I really appreciate all the help. But when it came down to it I had to do it my way because I ran out of pink paint. I would have had enough if I hadn't had a palm tree on my wall before hand. Being lazy and thinking the colors were dark enough I decided not to prime over it! BIG MISTAKE! It took me forever to cover the palm tree with the pink parts. In the end you can still see a little bit of the tree coming through the pink in certain parts if you really look but it wont bug me.
The first thing I did was figure out where the stripes would be and then I painted the pink. I forgot to take a picture before so you just have to use your imagination to see the tree. :-)

Then I taped the stripes and painted the brown. (This was the tricky part because I had to measure carefully and use a level.) The pink stripes look smaller right now.

Then I removed the tape after a little while so that i could see how it all turned out! It's not perfect but it's good enough for me. I mean I am pretty much the only one that sees it all the time!
As soon as I put my room back together I will take a picture to show what it all looks like with my bedding. Hopefully it will look good!
As soon as I put my room back together I will take a picture to show what it all looks like with my bedding. Hopefully it will look good!
No comments:
Post a Comment